Do you work in the pool and spa industry? Do you want to earn your Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification? VivoAquatics is here to help you achieve your goals. We offer a convenient, online CPO® certification course that can be completed at your own pace.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of being CPO® certified, keep reading.
What Is the CPO® Certification?
CPO stands for Certified Pool and Spa Operator. The CPO® certification is the world’s premier education and certification program that ensures aquatic facilities remain safe and operational. It’s an entry-level certification that the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA) awards to those who complete a training course that covers the basic knowledge, skills, and techniques involved in pool and spa operations—as outlined in the Pool & Spa Operator Handbook. Typical CPO® Certification candidates include pool and spa operators as well as pool maintenance staff who work at water parks, hotels, and more.
After completing the training program, participants must pass the CPO® certification exam either in person or online. Candidates must score a minimum of 75% to pass the exam and receive their CPO® certification. Upon passing the exam, candidates receive an official certificate and a wallet-sized card containing their unique registration number. The CPO® certification lasts for five years. Recipients must retake the exam every five years to remain CPO® certified.
Why You Should Get CPO® Certified
Here are the top ten reasons why you should get CPO® certified.
- All state and local authorities in the U.S. accept CPO® certification for pool and spa operators. More than 26 U.S. states require it. Some international authorities accept it as well.
- Diversify your industry knowledge.
- Better understand your role and responsibilities as a pool and spa operator.
- Learn information required by state and local codes to be a pool and spa operator, like basic aquatic safety practices.
- Stay abreast of current pool and spa trends.
- Know how to properly maintain pool and spa equipment.
- Reduce risk and decrease liability.
- Enhance your problem-solving skills.
- Perform your job more effectively and confidently.
- Expand your career opportunities by giving yourself a competitive advantage over non-certified applicants.
Key Benefits of Being CPO® Certified
The CPO® certification course will teach you the following skills:
- How to lower potential water risks
- Disinfection maintenance
- Water safety maintenance
- Water and chemical balance
- Water problem maintenance
- Regulatory guidelines
- Chemical feed control
- Automation and technology
- How to record upkeep
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Chemical testing procedures
- How to prevent recreational water illnesses (RWIs), suction entrapment, evisceration, drowning, chemical hazards, electrocutions, and slip and fall injuries
Get Your CPO® Certification From the Industry’s #1 Provider in Water Safety & Compliance
Are you ready to kickstart your career in the pool and spa industry? Enroll in our CPO® certification course to get CPO® certified. All learning is conducted online and can be completed at your own pace from the comfort of your home or office. Upon completing the learning modules, you can schedule a time to take the official certification test—which is proctored via a video call. This course is affordable—with no hidden fees—and is accepted in all 50 states.
If you want to get the most out of your partnership with us, sign up for the VivoAdvantage program. This exclusive program includes a property risk assessment, seven-day operator support, procurement support, and one CPO® course.